E-commerce growth – local vs global: the magnitude of the 11.11 campaign
Bangladesh has seen one of the biggest booms in its e-commerce sector in the past few years (owing a lot to the pandemic) and has an optimistic estimate to project around $3 billion by 2023. The proliferation of mobile set users, with the availability of good internet connection, has allowed the country with a population of 166 million to shop from home. This potential growth in this sector has allowed international e-commerce groups like Alibaba to set up its operation in this country.
Similar to Black Friday sales, which have been taking place for decades, the e-commerce companies have come up with their own global campaign to boost sales like Singles’ Day and Amazon Prime Day. What started in China as Singles’ Day has turned into the biggest online shopping event surpassing America’s Black Friday, Amazon Prime Day, and Cyber Monday. It was launched by Alibaba back in 2009. Taking place every year on Nov 11, Singles’ Day witnesses e-commerce businesses offer massive discounts over a period of 24 hours. According to Adobe Analytics, Black Friday sales amounted to $6.2 billion, while Cyber Monday hit $7.9 billion and Amazon Prime Day recorded $4.2 billion in 2018. But nothing mounted to the $30 billion of sales that Alibaba achieved in its 2018 Singles’ Day global campaign. Fun fact – more countries join the biggest online sale day of the year than those that participate in the Olympics!
Daraz Bangladesh, which is a concern of Alibaba group is going to host the biggest one-day sale (11.11) for its fourth consecutive year in Bangladesh. The company has sold over BDT 25 crore worth of products within the first hour of the launch of its 11.11 sales campaign last year.
This year the e-commerce festival will kick off with Alibaba hosting extravagant concerts with international headliners, spectacular dance shows, interactive games, and more pre-sale events. Top brands have started to plan for this sale at least nine months before, trying to fight for a top place in Alibaba’s 11.11 campaign. However, it is no longer a one-day festival and neither is it just a Chinese one. Alibaba is set to expand the festival worldwide providing an immersive and unique shopping experience, blending in retail, entertainment, and innovation.
Daraz Bangladesh, which is a concern of Alibaba group is going to host the biggest one-day sale (11.11) for its fourth consecutive year in Bangladesh. The company has sold over BDT 25 crore worth of products within the first hour of the launch of its 11.11 sales campaign last year. Daraz is back this year with the mega campaign comprising of more than 25 million products at massive sales for 24 hours with numerous other attractive offers. So get ready to be blown away by the attractive discounts on the goods you have had your eyes on throughout the year.
Some facts about Bangladesh’s biggest 11.11 sales campaign:
● This year, Daraz has over 40,000 sellers ready to showcase their best deals and make a new record.
● Daraz will be offering the best online shopping experience with the Mystery Box, Surprise vouchers, 1 Taka Game, Shake Shake-seller, Double Taka Voucher, Thousands Taka Discount, Flash Sale, 11’o o’clock Deals, and Add to Cart Giveaways.
● The Diamond Sponsor brands of this year are Apex, Dettol, Esquire Electronics, LUX, Realme, and Studio X.
● The Platinum Sponsors brands are Bata, Dekko, Fabrilife, Harpic, Lotto, Motion View, P&G, and Parachute Naturale Shampoo.
● The Gold Sponsors brands are Bruno Moretti, Fantech, Focallure, Godrej, Haier, Lee Cooper, Logitech, Ribana, Rongon Herbals, SSB Leather, TP-Link, and Transcend.
● Customers will be able to avail of special discounts during the campaign offered by payment partners like bKash, BRAC Bank, SCB, City Bank, Eastern Bank, Southeast Bank, Prime Bank, HSBC, and LankaBangla Finance.
● Daraz will also introduce its new campaign, ‘Make a wish’ under which the winners will get the opportunity to fulfill their wishes by sharing their experience of the 11.11 sales on social media.
● There will be exclusive mobile launches.
● All the online customers will have the opportunity to win exclusive cars and motorcycles by taking part in the 1 Taka Game.
The sheer magnitude of this e-commerce sales campaign over the years is proof of its success, opening a promising window for the future Bangladesh’s e-sector. So get ready to be part of the biggest shopping festival on the 11th of November in Bangladesh! Download the Daraz app and start curating your wish list to grab the best deals of your dream!