Food is the universal unifier; nothing brings people together than a generous spread of delicious food. Four Points by Sheraton Dhaka offers the best culinary experience in town, leaving its patrons clamouring for more. We have teamed up with the genius behind their mouthwatering dishes, Executive Chef, Kaique Chericone to guide you through the process of preparing four mouthwatering appetizers and two mains.
Photographs by Eivan Sardar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 175ml white wine
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornflour, mixed to a paste with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 400g bag frozen seafood mix, defrosted
- Small bunch dill, chopped
- 5 tablespoon half-fat crème fraîche
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and celery until it softens but not coloured for about 10 minutes. Throw in the garlic and cook for a minute more. Pour in the wine and simmer on high heat until most (wine) have disappeared.
Pour in the stock and cornflour mix and simmer for 5-10 minutes, often stirring until thickened. Season, and then add the seafood and most of the dill. Simmer for a few minutes until piping hot, then stir in the crème fraîche.
Meanwhile, cook the garlic bread following pack instructions. Divide the stew into warm bowls and scatter with the remaining dill. Serve with garlic bread for dipping into the stew.
TRIO OF BRUSCHETTA
- 1 cup cooked white beans, if using canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup black nicoise olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chiffonade
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 slices French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Olive oil
For the white bean: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
For the tapenade: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
For the fresh tomato: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the bruschetta: Brush bread with olive oil on one side and grill oiled side down until golden brown. Top with the white beans, tapenade and tomatoes.
XMAS APRICOT ON BLUE CHEESE
- 1 package Apricots, dried
- ¼ cup Blue Cheese, Roquefort
- Pecans or Walnut halves, raw and unsalted
Place enough apricots on a plate as needed. Put a dollop of blue cheese on each apricot, place a nut on top of the blue cheese and drizzle some honey on top. Serve at room temperature, do not refrigerate! Enjoy
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 cup papaya chunks
- 2 cups mango chunks
- 1 cup kiwi slices
- 1 cup raspberries
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
Optional garnishes: Mint sprigs and lime slices
Place the pineapple, papaya, mango, kiwi and raspberries in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lime juice until smooth. Drizzle the dressing over the fruit and toss gently to coat. Serve, garnished with mint sprigs and lime slices if desired.
COMFIT DUCK BREAST WITH COUSCOUS AND ORANGE JUICE
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup Duck Stock
- 4 x Luv-A-Duck, Fresh Duck Breasts
- 3 oranges, 2 x zested & juiced, 1 x segmented
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch watercress leaves picked
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 200g Persian feta
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Place the couscous and one tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl. Heat the duck stock and add to the bowl and stir three times. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180°C take an ovenproof pan and heat on medium. Season the duck and place in the pan skin side down. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until most of the fat has rendered down and skin is crispy. Turn the duck over and cook for a further 1 minute. Place pan into the oven and cook duck for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the duck from the oven and pour orange juice over the top and cover the pan with foil. Set aside, allowing the duck to rest. To make the salad, take a bowl, add couscous, orange zest, pistachios, mint, watercress leaves and crumble in the feta, season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix together balsamic and remaining olive oil (3 tbsp). Pour over salad and mix softly. Evenly distribute the salad over four plates and finish by slicing the duck breasts and placing on top.
WHOLE ROASTED TURKEY CHESTNUT STUFFING, CRANBERRY SAUCE
Ingredients (Serves: 10 people)
- 3.75 to 4.5 kg turkey with giblets
- 1 dessert apple, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 small bunch fresh mixed herbs or
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoon) 50 g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon (1 oz.) 25 g butter
- 3 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon, derided and chopped finely
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 113 g pack fine liver pate
- 250 g can natural unsweetened chestnut puree
- 50 g button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh breadcrumbs
To prepare the chestnut stuffing, melt the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat. Add the bacon and onion and stir fry for 2 minutes, until it’s just cooked but not brown. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly. Add the remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas, spoon the stuffing into the neck end of the turkey. Close up by folding over the skin flap and securing with a cocktail stick. Place the apple, onion and herbs into the body cavity and season. Truss the bird if necessary using fine string. Melt the butter and brush over the turkey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with a large piece of foil and roast in the centre of the oven for 3¼ hours. Raise the temperature to 200°C (Gas Mark 6). Remove the foil and baste the turkey. Continue to roast, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden. Serve with roasted potatoes, bacon rolls, chipolatas, cranberry sauce and giblet gravy.