As the lights came on, the stage was glowing with a golden hue. The podium was set for the stars to illuminate the night one by one. The anxious crowd broke into loud cheer every time a victor was revealed. “The Best In the Wedding Industry Awards 2019” was an edifying proposition lavishly executed. It was an initiative of ICE Today and the Title partner was Jarwa House. The red carpet ceremony was held at the Skyball room of Le Meridien Dhaka on October 5th at 7.30 pm, where the greatest names in the wedding industry were acknowledged for their role in making the thriving sector stylish and sophisticated.
H.E. JoAnne Wagner, Deputy Chief of Mission of the US Embassy in Dhaka attended the event as Chief Guest. The ceremony commenced after the welcome speech by Nawshin Khair, Executive Director of ICE Media Limited. Which also featured a fashion show featuring spectacular jewelries of Jarwa House, and clothing from Aranya, O2, Rose by Nizhu and Splash. Front-runners in business, trendsetters, as well as emerging social leaders, gathered at the event.
Winners in Beauty, Wedding Decorations, and Wedding Photography were chosen by a panel of juries consisting of renowned makeup artist Farzana Shakil; Zara Mahbub, CEO and Country Director of Kazi ICT Limited; Zafar Sobhan, Editor of Dhaka Tribune; Konka Karim, Features Editor of NewAge; renowned photojournalist Din Mohammad Shibly; Nawshin Khair, Executive Director of ICE Media Ltd and Goutom Saha, Fashion Editor of ICE Today magazine.
INGLOT partnered the event as the cosmetic partner, Aura Beauty Lounge, the makeover partner; Laser Treat as the skincare partner, Bioscope as the streaming partner, Mohammad & Sons the watch partner, Le Meridien Dhaka the hospitality partner and Explore Spa by Le Meridien Dhaka as the spa partner. The PR partner of the program is Concito PR and event photography partner is Studio Lorenzo.
The winners of The Best In the Wedding Industry Awards 2019 were as follows:
ICE Today Special Awards
- Persona for Trendsetting Enterprise in the Beauty Industry
- Farzana Shakil’s Makeover Salon for Wedding Lookmaker of the Decade
- BANTHAI for Most Successful haircare Service Provider
- AURA Beauty Lounge for Emerging Enterprise in the Beauty Industry
- Badal Roy, MD, Jarwa House for Legend in the Jewelry Business
- Rina Latif for Lifetime Achievement in Bridal Couture Industry
- Benarasi Kuthi for Best Traditional Bridal Wear
- Prito Reza for Outstanding Contribution in Wedding Photography Industry
- Mehruz Munir for the Disruptor Designer of the Year
Category: Bridal beauty Industry
- Best Bridal Makeup Artist: Anika Bushra from Splendor by Anika Bushra
- Best Bridal Makeover: Gala Makeover Studio and Salon by Navin Ahmed
Category: Wedding Planning & Decorations
- Enchanted Events & Prints
- Event Touch International
Category: Wedding Photography
- Best Photography Service: ARTLAND
- Best Production House: Checkmate Events
- Best wedding filmmaker of the Year: Wedding Diary