We are at a halt along with the rest of the world. Losing someone close, closing a business which took years of hard work to built and lasts but not the least seeing the ever-growing number of the death toll worldwide are now a part of our everyday lives. COVID-19 has made our generation aware of its mortality in an unprecedented way. The cure is yet to hit the shelves of our local drug stores but that should not stop us from taking precautions against the deadly disease.
Besides practising good hygiene, cleanliness and social distancing, boosting and nurturing one’s immunity system have proven to yield positive results against fighting the Coronavirus.
Aziz MD Shah Nur E (dott.), a Social Educator and a former Scientific Researcher for Water toxic contamination, Health hazard and Environmental pollution from Italian University – La Sapienza came up with an immunity booster herbal drink which has proven to boost his health in the midst of his dire days in Italy.
The recipe is made by using natural ingredients which you can easily find in your pantry. It is also very cost-friendly, not more than 10 BDT!
- Turmeric Powder
- Black pepper powder
- Ginger paste or powder
- Lemon juice
Health benefits of the ingredients:
- Turmeric: This miracle spice supports the overall health of the cardiovascular system. Its powerful antioxidant properties fight excess free radicals in the body for saving the damage of the cells and protecting the cardiovascular system and destroying the viruses.
- Black pepper: This is doing Anti-bacterial/Anti-Viral fight against infections and also protects from other diseases and cleaning the respiratory organs.
- Ginger: The ginger fights against different types of bacteria and virus infections and inflammatory diseases. It also stops the growth of different types of bacteria and viruses inside the body.
- Lemon: Lemon provides vitamin C and gives a number of health benefits. Lemons may aid weight loss and reduce the risk of heart disease, kidney stones, digestive issues, and cancer.
- Water: Drinking water helps to thin the mucus lining in your airways and lungs. Dehydration can cause that mucus to thicken and get sticky, which slows down overall respiration and makes you more susceptible to illness, allergies and other respiratory problems (Body needs water to breathe: the lungs consist of 85% water.
Now that the natural healing properties have been established, you can make your own herbal drink for your immunity.
The ingredients can be used as a drink or steam:
- TURMERIC Powder – ½ (Half ) Teaspoon.
- BLACK PEPPER Powder – ½(Half) Teaspoon.
- GINGER Paste or Pieces- ½ (Half) Teaspoon
- LEMON Juice ½ (half) Teaspoon.
- WATER – 1 litre.
Mix all the ingredients with 1 litre of water and boil the mixture for 5 minutes. Then the drink or steam is prepared.
When you make the drink, that time steam will begin to rise. Take a towel, cover your head and take the steam through your nose and mouth. You can take the Steam one or two times a day.
You can also add honey and more lemon juice with the drink for better taste and develop your body strength and immunity. You can drink three or four times a day.
Health Benefits of the Recipe Hot Drink and hot Steam:
Ingredients of the drink and steam are turmeric powder, black pepper powder, ginger paste or powder and lemon with water. These Spices develop the immunity of the human body, help the cardiovascular system, stop the virus from breaking the cells of the human body, kill the virus, and prevent the virus infection and other diseases. These Spices basically stop the virus or bacteria generation or mutation in the human body hence the Respiratory Organs remain active.
Different people have different body chemistry, so if anyone feels gastric-problem – he/she must take the medicine prescribed by the doctor.
Preventative Measures against COVID-19
- Maintain social distance:
- Use hand gloves:
- Wash your hands:
- Use a tissue while coughing or sneezing and dispose of the tissue in a covered bin.
COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.
(a) The most common symptoms are as follows:
Fever, dry cough, tiredness, sneezing
(b) Less common symptoms are as follows:
Aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhoea conjunctivitis, headache, loss of taste or smell, a rash on the skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
(c) Serious symptoms: difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure, loss of speech or movement
Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms. Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility. People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage their symptoms at home. On average it takes 5–6 days or longer for the symptoms to show.
We can and should take all the preventative measures against weak immune symptoms. Nurturing it through thick and thin will and has saved us over time. Having this herbal drink to boost your immune system just might save you from untimely illness.
**The views and advice expressed here are the writer’s own. He can be reached via contact info given below:
Aziz MD Shah Nur E (dott.),
Scientific Researcher, Consultant, Advisor, Social Educator-Economics and Health,
Italy-Bangladesh Consulting & Services,Strada San Martino -100/12, 18038-Sanremo(IM), Italy.
Tel./Cell/ Watsapp/Viber : 0039 3298114629.