- Dhaka saw more than 12000 rides on New Year’s eve
- A single rider took 6 trips and a single driver took 7 trips each throughout the night
Uber, the world’s largest on-demand ridesharing company, has released data on how Dhaka has relied on its services on New Year’s Eve. Even on one of the busiest nights of the year for Uber, the company provided a reliable ride to and from celebrations, for anyone, anywhere at the push of a button.
Arpit Mundra, General Manager, Uber Dhaka said, “New Year’s Eve is one of the busiest nights of the year for Uber across the globe. Our goal was to ensure our riders can get a reliable ride at the tap of a button instead of getting behind the wheel. Thousands of riders chose Uber, considerably reducing the congestion on this busy night and choosing a safe way to get to and from their New Year’s celebrations. This change in commuting behaviour is at the very core of our efforts towards decongesting Dhaka’s roads.”
To roundup the year, 5 interesting facts about Uber Dhaka in 2017:
- A rider from Dhaka has taken 695 trips – in kms the approximate equivalent of a trip from Dhaka to Tokyo!
- A driver partner in Dhaka has taken 3,350 trips – in kms the approximate equivalent of a trip to San Francisco and back!
- On May 20, Uber completed 5 billion trips globally.
- Dhaka saw more than 12000 rides on New Year’s Eve.
- A single rider took 6 trips and a single driver took 7 trips each through the night.
- Drivers provided great service on New Year’s Eve and received over 800 compliments just from this one night!
As part of the year-end celebration, Uber also launched Year with Uber, which turns trip data into personalised, animated music videos, bringing to life memorable moments from Uber trips over the past 12 months. It offers a trip down musical memory lane through a data-driven experience that turns their Uber trip history into a personalised year-in-review music video. Each video is created with scenes informed by a rider’s riding patterns, making the music video unique to them. Riders can take a look back at their own #YearWithUber on www.yearwithuber.com.